Revised July 12, 2021
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ONLINE ACCESS REQUIRED.
Sponsor: The Sponsor of the College CheckLists 2021 Countdown to Move In Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes“) is School Family Media LLC, the owner and operator of the College Checklists school supply list platform, with offices located at 100 Stonewall Blvd., Suite 3, Wrentham MA 02093 (“SFM” or “Sponsor”). SFM will administer and manage the Sweepstakes. This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints must be directed to SFM, and not to Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
1.Sweepstakes Dates: The Sweepstakes begins July 13, 2021, at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time and ends on September 3, 2021, at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time (“Sweepstakes Period“). SFM’s computer is the official entry submission portal and time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: Subject to the additional restrictions in these Official Rules (the “Official Rules“), the Sweepstakes is only open to registered College CheckLists users, are matriculating in a US-based post-secondary school in 2021, are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and are at least 18 years or older, or awarded to a designated parent, at the time of entry, and who meet the entrant requirements (see section 4 in these Official Rules). Each Sweepstakes entrant (an “Entrant”) is entering the Sweepstakes on his/her behalf, and the Prize (defined in Section 5 below) awarded as part of the Sweepstakes will be for the Entrant, or awarded to a designated parent, and emailed or mailed to the address provided by the Entrant. Employees of the Sponsor or any of their respective affiliated entities, and the immediate family members of such employees, and any persons domiciled with any such persons, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
3. Participation: Participation constitutes Entrant’s unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and SFM’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as set forth herein. The Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors, Prize suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Affiliates“) are not liable for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer or its contents relating to or resulting from participating in or downloading any materials concerning this Sweepstakes, or from other technical difficulties, failures, or other errors of any kind. SFM reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, as solely determined by SFM. In the event that the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of SFM which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, SFM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, SFM reserves the right to award the Prize based on the non-suspect, eligible entries received before the termination date.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SFM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
4. How To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, users of collegechecklists.com who create a new user account are automatically entered for one chance to win. Entrants may get extra entries by i) sharing a College CheckLists’ post on your Instagram Story and tagging @collegechecklists, ii) completing all fields of your CollegeCheckLists user profile as accessed from the link in the “thanks for signing up” email, or iii) using the Let’s Get Organized! functionality in your user account to manage your college haul. Registration is free. Entry is free. No purchase or pledge is required to enter.
5. Prize and Odds: Ten (10) Entrants will be selected as a winner (a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”) from all eligible entries and extra entries, and each Winner will receive a 6-month subscription box from the following providers i) Hyge Box valued at a maximum of $49.00 per month for a total maximum value of $294.00 for 6 months, ii) Universal Yums box valued at a maximum of $41.00 per month for a total maximum value of $246.00 for 6 months, or iii) Freshman Fun Box valued at a maximum of $69.99 per month for a total maximum value of $420.00 for 6 months (the “Prize”). The Prize will be in the form of subscription box mailed monthly to the Winner at the address provided by the Winner.
The odds of winning the Prize depends on the number of eligible entries and extra entries received. The Prize is nontransferable and nonexchangeable. Limit one Prize per Winner. The Prize will only be provided to the Winner with the Winner’s consent. In the event the Winner does not consent to receive the Prize, an alternate Winner will be randomly selected from the pool of Entrants.
6. Winners Drawing, Notification, and Acceptance: The Winner will be selected from all eligible entries and extra entries received during the Sweepstakes Period in a random drawing to be held by September 15, 2021. The Winner will be contacted during SFM’s regular business hours via the SMS number used by the Winner to enter the Sweepstakes as described in Section 4 above. Failure to reach the Winner via email or any other method after three (3) attempts will result in the disqualification of the Winner and forfeiture of the Winner’s interest in the Prize. SFM will select an alternate Winner from among all remaining eligible Entrants. A Winner may waive its right to receive the Prize.
Each Winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any and all taxes on the Prize, if applicable. Each Winner may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity and Prize Release (“Affidavit“) (except where prohibited by law), which must be returned as directed by SFM in order to claim the Prize. Failure to complete, sign, and return the Affidavit or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules will result in the Winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of the Winner’s interest in the Prize, and the award of the Prize to an alternate Winner. The decisions of SFM regarding the selection of Winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects.
7. Limitations on Entry: Entrants may enter multiple times, but each entry and extra entries must be consistent with the entry criteria. All entries must be fully and accurately completed. Use of any automated system to participate in the Sweepstakes or subvert the entry process is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all associated entries will be void.
The Sponsor and its respective Affiliates are not responsible for incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, unintelligible, damaged, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, delayed, or stolen entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware, or software, whether originating with sender or a Sponsor or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing, or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prize, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. In the event of a dispute of who submitted an online entry, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by SFM at its sole discretion, and SFM reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of SFM and will not be acknowledged or returned.
8. Release of Liability: By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant: (a) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of SFM, whose decisions shall be final and binding; and (b) agrees to release and hold harmless SFM and its Affiliates from and against any and all claims, suits, causes of action, or other proceedings of any kind for losses, costs, damages, or other liabilities of any kind arising out of his/her participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance and/or use of the Prize, including, without limitation, due to personal injury, death, and/or property damage; claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s consent to SFM’s and its Affiliates’ use of Entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and/or hometown and state of residence for any commercial or promotional purpose in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification, or permission.
10. Winner’s Name: The name of the Winner, once confirmation is complete, may be posted on the College CheckLists website at www.collegechecklists.com. The name of the Winner may also be obtained by sending a written request for the Entrant’s name, along with a self-addressed, stamped return envelope to College CheckLists c/o School Family Media LLC, 100 Stonewall Blvd., Suite 3, Wrentham MA 02093, by no later than March 3, 2022.